08 June 2009

That's my line

Today I took my children to Aldi's, and we bought a watermelon. Monkey#1 loves watermelon, so for his afternoon snack that's what he asked for.

Now, I really don't want to cut this watermelon yet. The counter tops are a mess, and the refrigerator is crammed to the gills. That means nowhere to cut it, and nowhere to store what's left. Fortunately, I had two slices left from the last watermelon we devoured. Since Monkey#3 is down for his nap, that was perfect. The wild beasts were assuaged. Temporarily.

Two minutes into the impromptu snack time, my oldest informed me he would like another slice. I explained point one above. He insisted. I reiterated my non-slicing stance, whereupon I was sternly informed "Sometimes we have to do things we don't want to do!"

1 comment:

I love to hear from my readers! Thank-you for taking the time to comment.