01 July 2009

A good wife

Daniel Boone said that all a man needs to be happy is a good gun, a good horse, and a good wife. Monkey #1 hasn't thought much about a gun or a horse yet, but apparently he's given the "wife" idea some careful consideration.

The other day Monkey #1 was telling me all about when he'll be grown up and have a wife. I took the opportunity to offer some words of wisdom, and recommended "Make sure you get a good wife, because a bad wife won't be much fun." He very sincerely explained, "Yes, a bad wife wouldn't make herself pretty or fix food, and then I'd just have to go fishing, or hunting bears, all the time."

Even when I realized he was thinking about hunting and fishing to get food, rather than to escape his wife, I still had to laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers! Thank-you for taking the time to comment.