07 December 2009

First Haircuts

It has been mentioned more and more lately, that Monkey3 really could use a haircut.  And so, while the Mad Scientist was in L.A. (a couple of weeks ago, now) I finally broke down and gave him one.  That first haircut is so hard.  It's when my little boy really turns in to a little boy, and isn't my baby any more.  I have a hard time with that (plus both my boys have been pretty squirmy) so I delay it as long as possible.  But at last, I suddenly decided that it needed to be done.  Carpe Momentum:



He so precious!  Just look at those beautiful curls!




Ah, but all good things must come to an end...well, actually, that's not true, but we're not getting into theology here.  I was telling you about Monkey3's hair.  All gone  



My only consolation is, he's just so darn cute.  And it's really quite a nice haircut, even if I do say so myself.  :-)




Now, I had been wanting to cut Monkey2's hair as well.  Just a nice little crop, about chin length, to straighten it up a bit.  Because the layers were sort of hard to deal with...



I didn't want to go too short though.  I loved her long hair, and thought a nice trim would be perfect.  But no, she wanted none of it.  Until I finished with Monkey3.  I casually queried, "Would anyone else like a haircut?"  And she piped up, "Yes, JUST like Monkey3's!"

I was traumatized.  I tried to talk her out of it.  I loved her long hair!  But finally she explained that she wanted it out of her eyes, and off her ears.  And I remembered that I always swore my kids could do whatever they wanted to with their own hair, because there are more important things in life to draw a line in the sand for.  Or against.  Such as tattoos.  So, chop, chop, off it all came.  (I may have teared up, just a little bit)  (I got control of myself quickly though.)  And really, when I looked at it objectively (which only took a few days) I think hers is pretty cute too.


 


Overall, I'm pretty pleased with the results.  They're such good-looking children, really, it's hard to mess things up too much.  :-D  Although I haven't really solved the gender confusion issues.  Now instead of people complementing me on my adorable toddler girl with the long blond curls,  people keep telling me how nice my three boys are.  Can no one see any gender clues besides hair length?  Seriously!


2 comments:

  1. Wow - I don't recognize him! What an amazing transformation. Has it changed his personality? Your Monkey #2's haircut is quite nice. A little lady.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, it hasn't changed his personality at all. He still charges through life like a rhinoceros: Full steam ahead, but no foresight at all. Always cheerfully, though. :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my readers! Thank-you for taking the time to comment.