08 February 2010

Let's Define Our Terms

Mothers know about messes.  I can personally attest to the fact that there are few messes greater than those a troupe of preschool-aged children are capable of making.  (For evidence, see here, here, and here.)  But, did you notice something?  Actually, none of those messes required an entire troupe of monkeys.  They were all made by the same monkey, (who shall remain nameless, except to say that it was this one:

 

and doesn't he look cute in his daddy's boot?)  He never needs help.  Which is good, because, well:



This is Monkey1, who called me into the dining room in an absolute panic because he "made a big mess" all over his pants.  He's pointing to the cause of the upset.  I couldn't find it without his help.  I think it was salsa.  
My mother has always said, that if the older of my two brothers had been born first, he would have been an only child.  Some children just require more energy to parent.  This one:




(He wanted his picture taken, too, and is smiling for the camera) He might just do me in.  I'm not sure I have the energy reserves available that are necessary to parent this child.  So it's good that, when the other two start making "messes,"  it doesn't mean quite the same thing.

1 comment:

  1. HA! My boys had made some REALLY GOOD messes in their toddler years! Don't worry - they get older and become more capable of cleaning up YOUR messes! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my readers! Thank-you for taking the time to comment.