08 February 2010

Thought-provoking question

Browsing through some blogs (yes, I should be cleaning), I came across this thought:

I find it entirely ironic and downright ignorant on our part that church growth is celebrated while family growth (where Christians should assume that added members will be discipled and brought up in the faith) is frowned upon and even discouraged.

Read the rest of the post here.   Speaking of which, I was in Wal-Mart a few days ago and happened to notice the current cover of People magazine...  Which I would just like to say a few things about. (Warning:  Rant Ahead)

In the first place, I think it is totally obnoxious that they are insinuating that one child with problems means a couple should never have another child.  Not only obnoxious, but ridiculous.  But, let's face it, if this was a reality tv family who only had one child, or maybe if it was their second child struggling, no one would be insinuating they needed to re-think their birth-control (or lack thereof).  Which leads me to my second point.

Could everyone just GET OVER the fact that the Duggars have chosen to not use birth control?  They don't claim that everyone needs to be like them.  They provide for and love every one of their children.  They aren't on welfare; they are self-sufficient.  What is everyone's beef with this family?!

I have an idea:  Maybe we could just all mind our own business, and prayerfully consider the choices that God would have us make, personally.  Then we could all stop worrying about the choices God is calling other people to make.  Just think how much less stress there would be in the world, if no one ever got agitated because they didn't agree with what someone else was doing.  A large family, in and of itself, is not illegal, and it's not immoral, so I really don't understand why everyone feels a need to criticize, or even comment at all.

2 comments:

  1. I loved this post! Thank you so much for putting into words all my feelings! Excellent post!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did a post on The Duggars last week....I agree with you!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my readers! Thank-you for taking the time to comment.