08 April 2010

We now return to your regularly scheduled mayem...

I have lot of things to share with you all.  Easter pictures, trip pictures, me surviving without the Mad Scientist anecdotes.  I'm not putting any of that up tonight however.  Tonight, I'd just like to say one thing:

It's a really good thing my nose works better than my brain:

These were supposed to be hard-boiled eggs for my lunch tomorrow.  I'm driving an hour south, to take a workshop on Natural Dyeing at The Fiber Event in Greencastle.  The directions said to bring an apron.  I have two, but they're both kitchen aprons, and I decided I wanted a dyeing apron.  So I got my eggs started (cover with cold water, then bring to a boil - check), and started working on my apron.

Just as I was finishing it, I smelled something funny.  Yes, that would be the remains of my eggs.  On to round two, in which I will try not to forget the eggs yet again, while typing directions for the sitter.

On the up side, the apron turned out pretty decent.  Not bad at all, really, for being whipped up without a pattern at nine thirty p.m.

A timer for the eggs might have been a good idea.  This has been a public service announcement.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers! Thank-you for taking the time to comment.