30 August 2010

Every once in a while, I need a reminder...

So it's nice that I found this list today, over at Life In A Shoe100+ Reasons for Having Children.

Personally, I'm holding out for 22.  Any day now.  It has to happen eventually, right?  And 76 and 80 were also favourites. 

I needed the reminder, because I spent today listening to my oldest moaning and throwing up.  It was supposed to be our first day of school.  Now I'm just dreading tonight, expecting (as I am) that Monkey2 will be the one throwing up all night long.  And since The Mad Scientist was up last night ("Every hour, from midnight on") with Monkey1, tonight it's my turn.  Oh, how I dream of the day when I can sleep through the night without interruption, and without a small human attached to my chest. 

But really, all things considered, I wouldn't trade my children for the world, or anything in it.  I'm a little worn out right now.  It's been a long summer.   I haven't been posting much, because I've been having a hard time focusing on the positive.  And who wants to read a list of complaints on a regular basis?  No one.  People want someone to listen when they complain, but no one likes to listen to someone else doing it.  Nope.  So I figured I'd just bite my tongue (fingers?).  Lately, it seems like just one thing after the next comes along, and hits us while we're still reeling from the last thing.  That will wear a person out.  So forgive the intermittent posting, please.

1 comment:

  1. No posts in a long time. Is everything okay ?

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my readers! Thank-you for taking the time to comment.