09 January 2011

Here we go round the mulberry bush...

That's what home renovation is like, you know.  Round, and round, and round you go, and where it ends...wait, that's the game at the carnival.  Anyway, you get my point.  Fixing up the house is the never-ending project.  (The real one.  The scarf I knitted my brother for Christmas turned out to be just a poser in this regard, since I did finally manage to conquer it.)

So, off we go again:

When the Mad Scientist asked what I would like to do this weekend, I said "Well, I would really love to get the drywall hung in the bathroom.  By which I actually really meant that we should work on it together, but, as it turned out, my sweetheart sent me off to Sock Club yesterday, and hung it up himself.

Or he would have, except that he decided to check a pair of taped up wires dangling in the wall...which, it turned out, were hot.  (As an aside, I cannot tell you how many things like that we have found in the process of renovating this house, as well as the last one we lived in.  Hazard of old houses, I guess; no one followed code, or it hadn't been invented yet.)  So, first he had to crawl into the crawl space under the house to fix that issue, which is what he was working on when I got back from Sock Club.

Then my job was to keep the kids out of the way, and hold up the drywall, while he operated the drill.  It was more work than we expected because of the wires, but we did finally get it all up.

Now for paint, and trim.  What's that you say?  The hole?  Oh, that's a large pipe, which stuck out too far to put the drywall over.   Here we go round.....

Once that's figured out, we just have to take care of this:

Doors.  I need doors, for my own sanity and peace of mind.  There's nothing to be done with the space; I just need to cover it up.

2 comments:

  1. I hate drywall dust. I remember my parents putting the addition on. It was everywhere forever. Can't wait to see the finished product. And you will be able to say that you did it yourself.
    Good Luck

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm about to do my home remodeling,so this blog will definitely gonna help me for the plan.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my readers! Thank-you for taking the time to comment.