21 May 2011

No one was raptured here

And The Hippie Housewife makes an excellent point about the take-away lesson.

What if today really had been the end?
 "How we spend our days is, of course, how we spend our lives."
~Annie Dillard
 For my part, I spent today thusly:  First I got up early and fed my family, then we piled in the car and drove about 40 minutes to a barn sale I'd seen advertised earlier in the week.  We hit a few more yard sales on the way home, and got three phenomenal deals (I think).  Then we went to my brother-in-law's house, and helped him pack up to move to his new place.  I watched the children with his wife while the Mad Scientist helped unload on the other end.  Then we came home and I sacked out with Monkey3 in the recliner. (Seriously, I have NO idea why I was so tired, but I'm suspicious my youngest brother being here, keeping us up 'til all hours catching up, may have had a bit to do with it.)  I awoke to a lovely dinner cooked by my beloved, and now he's out playing ball in the yard with Monkey1.  I just finished a tour of my garden, which is making very nice progress at this point.  So, overall, it was a wonderful Saturday.  Hopefully, the Mad Scientist will spend tomorrow on a planter behind a pair of draft horses.  (It's rest if you don't have to do it during the week!)  Maybe I'll take some pictures this time.  Have a restful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers! Thank-you for taking the time to comment.