03 December 2012

UN Knows Best...or not

I have a guest post today at Free-Range Kids, explaining why parents should be concerned about the UN Treaty currently up for ratification by the Senate, the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities.  Head over there to read why parents should be opposing this, and call your senators!! 

Thanks, Lenore, for giving me the opportunity to share this concern with the Free-Range Kids community!

Anyone interesting in reading about why parents, specifically, should be concerned about this treaty can find more information at www.parentalrights.orgHere is the page where they discuss this treaty, specifically.

Update:  Comments over at Free-Range Kids seem to be trending toward labeling me a right-wing anti-UN nut.  For the record, I would like to state that I never said anything about being anti-UN.  What I am vehemently opposed to is rather a treaty that accomplishes nothing whatsoever for disabled Americans that is not already provided by our own laws, but that would explicitly usurp the right of parents to determine what is in the best interests of their child and give it to the government.  I am rather shocked to find so few in the free-range parenting community who see the inherent danger in that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers! Thank-you for taking the time to comment.